*This resource page is exclusive to DOTS subscribers.
Leadership: Toward Unity
Define your north star, create opportunities to work together on the journey, empower course correctors, and hold them accountable. You’ve got the compass.
Mindset: Internal Harmony
Facilitating unity starts with our own congruency. Aligning our beliefs (subconscious) with our thoughts (conscious). Then making sure our actions match our words.
When you’re in harmony you’re more able to effectively unite those around you.
Operations: Creating Consensus
Coming to a consensus with your customers is an investment in the long-term relationship. Your customer is worth it. Your business is worth it.
Article | Vision and Mission: Define Your Foundation
Article | Core Values: Why They Matter, How We Created Them, and How We Keep Them Top of Mind [READ]
Newsletter | The Power of Collective Dreams by Coach George Raveling [READ]
- “Those we lead need our leadership, grace, and empathy more now than ever. Our focus should be on UNITY and WE, not ME.”
Newsletter | A Compass, Not Just a Roadmap [READ]
- “While the roadmap is our plan for the what and when, the compass is our set of values, our sense of purpose, our why, and our commitment to how we will or will not do things.”
Quote | When you want to help people, you tell them the truth. When you want to help yourself, you tell them what they want to hear. – Thomas Sowell
Video | Dave Portnoy is using his platform and audience to raise money for small business owners. The videos are inspiring and heartwarming! [WATCH]
- These videos touch me the most because I understand the sacrifice and dedication required of small businesses. My father, a 30+ year small business owner, worked hard to provide for his family of 8 and employees. I’m the oldest of 6. Being a business owner isn’t for the faint of heart.
Book | High Performance Habits was instrumental in teaching me about congruency. (affiliate link)
Playlist | What I listened to while writing this month’s newsletter [PLAY]
Resource | Know Your Alcohol – Indie liquor brands collaborated to create a consumer education site. I love it! Educating consumers regardless of industry empowers them to make better decisions to fit their needs.
Tool | Print this 5″ X 7″ card out for your desk as encouragement when working with a frustrated customer.
Tool | MS Clarity – Do you like heatmaps and seeing how visitors interact with your website? I installed this and love seeing what resonates with readers. You can see what people click on most and where they stop scrolling. This allows you to adjust and refine your content accordingly.
Tool | Smile.io – service for points and loyalty rewards programs
“Producing noise on Instagram shouldn’t be the status quo for a brand, and hopefully this year we will see brands really think about how they can add value, not just noise, when they meet us on our social feeds, and find strategies that are right for them.”@thingtesting
- If you know a colleague or friend who could benefit from the DOTS newsletter? Please share this link with them: https://melissakayjones.com/dots-newsletter/
- Want to share on social media? Use the image on the left or take a picture of your own. You can tag me on LinkedIn or Twitter.
- Rate and/or leave a review for this issue. (RATE)
What does Unity look like for you in leadership, mindset, or serving customers?