For the month of August, I’m back in Chicago. I’m adjusting my routine accordingly. My favorite tool for getting on track with goal planning is my 2020 PowerSheets. I’ve used PowerSheets since 2015.
*Affiliate links are used in this post.
Foundation of Goal Planning
The three pillars include content, community, and character. I chose these last year and continue to focus on them.
Content includes me sharing my knowledge and experiences with you. This comes in many different forms. My weekly newsletter, Connect the Dots, blogging, social media, speaking engagements, and digital tools.
Community focuses on nurturing relationships personally and professionally. Coffee dates, networking, calling my parents, celebrating loved one’s special days, and more.
Character is continuous self-improvement. How can I be the best version of myself? What do I need to develop and grow through? Leadership starts with my own reflection, refinement, and growth.
All of my August projects and lifestyle habits below tie back to these three pillars.
My Words of Encouragement
My word of the year is discipline. The phrases I selected for this month.
You must be disciplined to win.Tweet
Run in such a way as to get the prize.1 Corinthians 9:24
Anything done with heart takes courage.Tweet
- Instagram – Clean up and consolidate accounts. I recently activated my account again and need to do some housekeeping.
- Launch (1) course. The two courses I’m working on include “Editing Your Digital Office” and “Launching a Brand Ambassador Program”
- Start developing a marketplace (create a pitch, start a waitlist, do market research). View my idea.
- Send (4) Connect the Dots newsletter I sent one yesterday.
- Write (4) blog posts.
- Update inspo board for September brand photoshoot. I’m working with Vibe Tribe Creative for an updated look.
- Read “Art of Connection” I started this book in July and love it.
- Complete Stan’s Donuts 5K run.
- Print pictures of summer memories with family.
Over the years, I’ve learned to focus on consistency instead of specific goals for my personal life. Allowing myself grace instead of beating myself up is more effective in achieving my desired lifestyle.
- Call parents
- Soul Sundays
- Cardio (45 min)
Who Else Uses 2020 PowerSheets?
What projects are you working on this month? Tell me in the comments below.